Opened September 1899. Two story brick building. 140 students and 11 teachers. Addition made in 1939. Merged with Red Creek 1948.
This marker is located on Lake Street in Fair Haven across the street from the American Legion Hall. map
The school was built on a lot between Lake Street and Richmond Avenue in 1899 for grades 1-12. After centralization higher grades went to the Middle School and High School in Red Creek. Kindergarden was added here about 1942.
The school was torn down in the 1980s. The marker was erected in 1893 by the Sterling Historical Society.