This marker was erected in 1993 by the Sterling Historical Society. It is located in front of the Fair Haven Community Church at 14463 Richmond Avenue in Fair Haven. map
This church was erected as a Presbyterian Church in 1882 by Joseph Bloomingdale to replace the Dutch Reformed Church which had burned on Church Street in 1881. One of the parcels this church sits on was owned by John Deitel. He traded the lot to the church for their lot on Church Street where he built his home that still stands.