Elisha Randolph “Dott” Robinson moved to Fair Haven about 1873 with relatives—from the Mendel Family. Robinson and Mendel formed a business together. Later, E. R. went into business with H. S. MacArthur and then with Fayette Phillips to form the Robinson & Phillips store, the largest general store in the northern end of Cayuga County (circa 1881).
E. R. was a member of Hudson Post 159 of the G.A.R. and its first commander. He attended many reunions and reenactments of Civil War battles, including the Gettysburg Reunion in 1913.
He was a Town Supervisor for about eight years and Chairman of the Cayuga County Board of Supervisors for a time. E. R. was a member of the Old Dutch Reformed Church and when that burned, became a charter member of the Fair Haven Presbyterian Church afterward. He died in Warsaw, New York at age 82, in September, 1924.
born 1841 July 27 in LaGrange, Town of Covington, Wyoming County, New York
to Nathaniel C. Robinson and Roxa Mendel Robinson
enlisted Spring of 1862 – Company D, 130th Regiment of New York State Volunteers
Transferred to New York 1st Dragoons, cavalry
1864 As a member of the army, he voted for Abraham Lincoln in 1864.
mustered out 1865 mid year – rank Sergeant
married Cornelia “Nellie” Lane about 1876
died 1924 September, Warsaw, New York, age 82