This marker stands on Church Street near the northeast corner of Main Street in Fair Haven. It was erected in 2012 by Richard Pierce, the owner of the house. map
If this house was built in 1830, it may be the oldest structure known to still be standing in the Town of Sterling. So far, the first map the house appears on is the 1875 Cayuga County Atlas. Town records for the property title show the earlier date. The hand operated pump on the hand-dug well for the house is still in working condition.