News

Scroll down to see a list of news items. Click on a title to read more…

Dedication of the Don Richardson Schoolroom

To honor Don Richardson for his leadership and many years of service to the Sterling Historical Society the schoolroom exhibit in Sterling’s Little Red Schoolhouse Museum will be dedication as the Don Richardson Schoolroom. … Continue reading

President’s Message 2015

Whew-1 year down and how fast it flew. It seemed like one job would get started and three were going before you knew it. A new roof was put on … Continue reading

President’s Message 2014

Harry Snyder – Past President 2013 will soon become history; but the things that were accomplished by the members of the Sterling Historical Society this year will long be remembered. … Continue reading

They Made History in 2013

During 2013, the Sterling Historical Society presented diverse programming at its monthly meetings. Author Susan Peterson Gateley spoke of Lake Ontario being “borne of ice” 10,000 years ago, during the ice … Continue reading

The Quest for Eliza’s Diaries

We’ve come across something unique in Fair Haven’s history. Eliza Howell wrote personal diaries from 1871-1878. Continue reading

New Historian’s Office Completed

The official opening of the new north wing of the Town Hall was held on Saturday, May 19, 2012.  The wing includes a new meeting room, storage space for town records and … Continue reading

200 Years 1812 – 2012

Two Hundred Year Sterling Anniversary A silver anniversary may be 25 years, but this year is a Sterling Anniversary of 200 years.  Sterling’s town goverment was officially established on June … Continue reading

Cottage Farm Recommended for Historic Register

There should soon be a third site within the Town of Sterling listed on New York State’s Register of Historic Places. Stefan House has admired Fair Haven’s historic Cottage Farm house … Continue reading

New Sterling Historian’s Office

Save the date: Saturday, May 19, 2012, 2:00 pm Sterling’s new history room at the Town Hall has been completed and will be dedicated as The Hallie A. DeMass Sweeting … Continue reading